To officially withdraw from the University, a student must obtain a withdrawal form from the Registrar. The withdrawal form must be signed by a Student Finance Advisor and one of the following University personnel: the Vice President for Academic Administration, Vice President for Student Services, or Director of Counseling and Testing. The form must be returned to the Registrar after all signatures are obtained and the withdrawal will be effective as of the date returned. Refunds will be made according to University policy. If a student follows this procedure, a W will be recorded for each class for the semester of the withdrawal. Otherwise, the instructors of the student's classes will submit grades which will be recorded on the permanent record.

Students who officially withdraw will not be permitted to charge for expenses on campus or live in the residence halls after their official withdrawal date.