Tuition to audit a course is $100 per credit hour unless it is part of the tuition package. The SA fee and technology fee will be waived, but course and lab fees that are part of an audited class are not waived for audit-only students. Audit-only students will not have access to university services. Some courses are not available for audit.
Under a consortium, Southwestern gives credit for courses taken at the other schools on the same basis as if it provided the training itself. The Consortium Agreement is initiated by the student and approved by both institutions. Students will be charged an administrative fee of $100 for this process.
- ARTS supply fee - $40
- ARTS 222 travel fee - $25
- BIOL 101, 102, 103, 111, 112, 220, 312, 318, 320, 330, 335, 340, 341, 345, 360, 410, 440, 443, 450, 462, 465, 475 lab course fee - $50
- BIOL 225 lab course fee - $150
- BIOL 230 lab course fee - $180
- BIOL 314 lab course fee - $150
- BIOL 315 lab course fee - $150
- BIOL 325 lab course fee - $150
- BUAD 202 lab course fee - $45
- BUAD 472 lab course fee - $45
- CERT 436 course fee- $200
- CERT 450 course fee- $200
- CERT 475 course fee- $400
- CERT 485 course fee- $400
- CHEM & PHYS lab course fee - $50
- COMM 125 lab fee - $150
- COMM 127 lab fee - $150
- COMM 137 supply fee - $150
- COMM 224 lab fee - $150
- COMM 237/MKTG 237 and COMM 337 lab fee - $150
- COMM 343 / MKTG 343 supply fee - $150
- COMM 361 course fee - $150
- COMM 437 supply fee - $150
- EMSP course fee - $25
- FNCE 422 course fee - $30
- FNCE 433 course fee - $30
- FNCE 452 course fee - $30
- Independent class fee - $100 per credit hour
- Sports Teams course fee- $150
- KINA 234 course fee - $80
- KINA 247 course fee - $100
- KINT 252 and KINT 452 course fee - $289
- NURS 221 course fee - $300
- NURS 227 course fee - $300
- NURS 315 course fee - $300
- NURS 318 course fee - $300
- NURS 322 course fee - $300
- NURS 325 course fee - $300
- NURS 335 course fee - $300
- NURS 416 course fee - $300
- NURS 417 course fee - $300
- NURS 418 course fee - $300
- NURS 426 course fee - $300
- NURS 433 course fee - $300
- NURS 438 course fee - $300
- NURS 450 course fee - $300
- Music Ensemble course fee - $50
- Music Performance course fee - $350
SWAUonline Program tuition is $762 per credit hour. There are no payment plans for this program. All charges must be covered at the time of registration through aid, credit/ debit card, and/or cash. SWAUonline Prior Learning Assessment recording fee is $75 per course. Additional information about the SWAUonline Program can be found on the SWAUonline website. Because this is a discounted program, no Southwestern scholarships are available to students in this program.
SWAUonline Program - Technology Fee
Technology fee for SWAUonline students will be prorated based on course load. $55 per course, with a maximum of $220 per semester.
Computer Science Program Fees
Computer Science majors will be charged a $100 Program Fee each semester.
Education Program Fees
Any student seeking Secondary Certification in Education or a major in Education will be charged a $100 Program Fee each semester.
Psychology Program Fees
Psychology majors will be charged a $50 Program Fee each semester.
Psychology, emphasis School Guidance majors will be charged a $100 Program Fee each semester.
- Challenge, waiver, and validation preparation fee -$85
- CLEP and challenge examination recording fee - $25
- Michigan Test of English Proficiency - $25
- Fees for exams such as Career, Aptitude, and Personality; CLEP; Michigan Test of English Proficiency; and SAT or ACT vary by exam. These fees must be paid in advance of taking the exam. Special examinations may also carry a preparation and recording fee.
Freshman Orientation Fee
Attendance at Freshman Orientation is required of all freshmen students. A fee of $350 will be assessed for this orientation.
Graduate Program tuition is $952 per credit hour. Graduate hours are charged separately from the undergraduate tuition package. For further information about the graduate programs and available scholarships, please refer to the Graduate Bulletin.
Fees are non-refundable after the close of registration.
- Student Association Fee - $110 each semester is required of all undergraduate students.
- Technology Fee - $220 each semester is required of all students.
Medical Laboratory Science
Medical Laboratory Science students will be charged an administrative fee of $100 per semester during their clinical year. Check with the advisor regarding tuition and fees. Southwestern scholarships are not available for the clinical year during which the courses are taken at another institution.
Music lessons are $350 per semester above the cost of tuition (based on a minimum of ten half-hour lessons). There are no refunds after the second week of the semester.
Nursing Tuition Surcharge/Program Admission Fee
- Nursing Deposit - $200 non-refundable deposit is required at the time of acceptance into the Nursing program.
- Nursing ATI Fee - $575 per semester in the Nursing Program (ATI provides comprehensive online learning, testing, and NCLEX resources)
- Nursing Skills Supply Fee - $100 one-time fee charged the first semester in the Nursing program
- Clinical Course Fee - $300 for all clinical courses throughout the Nursing program
- CastleBranch Account Fee - $30 to set up a CastleBranch account prior to starting in the Nursing program
- Drug Testing and Background Check Fees - $79 fee during the first semester in the Nursing program
The tuition rate for senior citizens (65+) is $100 per semester hour for courses taken for audit or credit. This does not apply to SWAUonline, nursing classes, or discounted programs. There must be space available in the class.
Study Abroad Program
Adventist Colleges Abroad (ACA) students must submit a non-refundable $100 application fee for the academic year study abroad program. There is a $30 application fee for the summer program.
Students who study abroad through a college or university that is not affiliated with Adventist Colleges Abroad will be charged an administrative fee of $100 per semester.
- Summer school tuition for on-campus courses is 75% of regular tuition.
- Online courses are charged at 80% of regular tuition.
- Graduate classes are $952 per credit hour.
- GEOL 240 The Dinosaurs is $315 per credit hour.
- HNRS 275, HNRS 375, HNRS 376 are $476 per credit hour.
- BIOL 225 Field Biology is $476 per credit hour.
- BIOL 325 Field Ecology is $476 per credit hour.
Student Missionary/Task Force Program Charges
Students who spend one year of their education as student missionaries or task force workers will be enrolled in 12 credit hours each semester. By this, the University recognizes the legitimate full-time educational value of this experience. Six of these credit hours will count as elective credit toward graduation, while six will be non-credit hours. The student will be charged $300 tuition each semester for a total of $600 for the academic year. An application/ processing fee of $150 is charged at the time of application.