RN to BS Nursing
The registered nurse with an Associate of Science degree or a diploma in nursing may complete a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing at Southwestern Adventist University in a minimum of five eight-week modules or spread out over a longer period of time. The RN to BS in Nursing program is fully online.
Admission requirements include the following:
1. Completion of an Associate Degree or Diploma program from an accredited college or university in the United States, including Texas baccalaureate general education core requirement (or core requirement from another state).
2. Active unencumbered RN license*, or temporary RN permit, or RN licensure within 3 months of graduating from an AD or Diploma program.
3. Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
4. Meet all admission requirements for enrollment at Southwestern Adventist University.
5. Successful completion of Nursing prerequisite courses (21-semester credits) and electives to meet 120-semester credit graduation requirement.
*RN licensure must be in the state(s) in which the student participates in any clinical learning experience.
Required Nursing Cognate Course
Required RN to BS Courses
Electives to Meet 120-Credit Hour Graduation Requirement
Total Upper Division credit requirements: 30