International Student I-20 process - F1 Visa
All students needing an I-20 must meet the following:
- Submit legible copy of valid passport information page
- Submit at least three (3) bank statements that give evidence of income
- Submit the international student deposit of $1000 which includes the $200 residence hall room deposit, and a $100 non-refundable processing fee
- Pre-payment of $6500* for undergraduate students or graduate students
- Upon receipt of I-20 student must submit payment to SEVIS for I-901.
*If a student is not granted a visa and does not enroll, these funds will be returned minus the processing fee and any transaction fees.
Current immigration laws allow an international student with an F-1 Visa to work on campus up to 20 hours per week during the semester and up to 40 hours per week during vacations provided that the student is registered for the subsequent academic semester. While there are many campus jobs available, Southwestern does not guarantee student employment.
Major medical insurance coverage must be purchased through Southwestern at registration. If a student is already insured through the SDA system, he/she must provide documentation of equivalent insurance coverage. No insurance coverage refunds will be made after the second week of classes.
International students should not leave their homeland until they have the following:
- A letter of acceptance from Southwestern Adventist University
- An I-20 from Southwestern Adventist University
- A valid passport and F-1 Visa for travel to the United States of America