In Progress Grades

A temporary grade of In Progress (IP) may be awarded for courses that are designed to be completed over more than one semester, as indicated in the University Bulletin. The student must complete the remaining required work no later than the end of the following semester (including summer). At that time, a final grade must be reported by the instructor. If a final grade is not reported, the IP grade will be administratively changed to a grade of "F" or "NP".