To receive priority processing and scholarship consideration, applications should be submitted by March 1 for the fall semester and November 1 for the spring semester. Application deadline is August 1.
Transcript: submit one of the following
- Official secondary school transcript with a grade point average (GPA) of 2.75-4.00 (on a 4.00 scale)
- General Education Development (GED) test average score of 500 with no score below 450. Texas GED: 160-200 regular admission.
- Home school transcript with courses, grades, and dates of completion with a state-issued certificate of secondary school completion if applicable.
- General Certificate of Secondary Education: must have five (5) passes or more
Provisional Admission: GPA of 2.50 - 2.74
- High school English or Math grades with D/F must be re-taken
- Provisional status removed after 1 semester at SWAU with a 2.25>
- Placement tests submitted after provisional admission which meet requirements for ENGL 121 and MATH 110 will change the entrance classification to regular admission
- Students admitted with provisional status are required to take UNIV 011
- ACT 17
- SAT 480
- TSI Reading 351, Writing 340, Essay 4
- ACCUPLACER Reading 80, Writing 6
- Nelson-Denny score of 15
Southwestern encourages the TEA Recommended High School Program of 26 credits, which will increase a student's opportunities for success.
- 4 credits of English/Language Arts
- 4 credits of Mathematics, including Algebra I, II, and Geometry
- 4 credits of Science, including Biology, Chemistry, and Physics
- 4 credits of Social Studies, including World History, World Geography, U.S. History, 1/2 credit Government, 1/2 credit Economics
- 1 credit of Physical Education
- 1/2 credit of Speech
- 1 credit of Fine Arts
- 5 1/2 credits of Electives
- 2 credits of Foreign Language Studies
Applicants taking Advanced Placement classes should consult the AP examination program in the Academic section of this Bulletin regarding scores necessary for college credit.