To receive priority processing and scholarship consideration, applications should be submitted by March 1 for the fall semester and November 1 for the spring semester. Application deadline is August 1.
Transcript: submit one of the following
- Official secondary school transcript with a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.50 (on a 4.00 scale)
- General Education Development (GED) test average score of 500 with no score below 450. Texas GED 150-159 subject to committee review. 160-200 regular admission.
- Home school transcript with courses, grades, and dates of completion with a state-issued certificate of secondary school completion if applicable.
- General Certificate of Secondary Education: must have five (5) passes or more
Test Scores: one of the following
- ACT minimum composite of 18
- SAT minimum of 970 for mathematics and ERW
Official secondary school transcript with a GPA of 2.75 or above
- ACT or SAT are required to be submitted no later than March 30 for merit scholarship and enrollment in fall. Students whose test scores do not meet the minimum requirement may have their admission status changed from Early to Summer Bridge.
Southwestern encourages the TEA Recommended High School Program of 26 credits, which will increase a student's opportunities for success.
- 4 credits of English/Language Arts
- 4 credits of Mathematics, including Algebra I, II, and Geometry
- 4 credits of Science, including Biology, Chemistry, and Physics
- 4 credits of Social Studies, including World History, World Geography, U.S. History, 1/2 credit Government, 1/2 credit Economics
- 1 credit of Physical Education
- 1/2 credit of Speech
- 1 credit of Fine Arts
- 5 1/2 credits of Electives
- 2 credits of Foreign Language Studies
Applicants taking Advanced Placement classes should consult the AP examination program in the Academic section of this Bulletin regarding scores necessary for college credit.